By: Travis Wilson | 11/22/2010
1) Newman – Defending champs are the heavy favorites again, especially with Taylor Thomas coming back.
2) Prentice – Abbie Anderson and Cassie Hallstrand give Buccaneers as talented of a duo as you'll find in D5.
3) Northwood – Lots of talent and potential come back for the Evergreens, who made it to D4 state tourney last year.
4) Black Hawk – Warriors will miss All-State forward Kim Wellnitz, but have versatile athletes ready to excel again.
5) Seneca – Went undefeated in Ridge & Valley last year, including two wins over state tourney team Weston.
6) Weston – Head coach Lauretta Pickel welcomes back Chelsea Drea to try to lead Silver Eagles back to state tournament.
7) Siren – Carley Emery and Ashley Guevara give Dragons one of state's best 1-2 scoring punches.
8) Barneveld – Perennial contenders lose five starters from last year but feature a lot of young talent ready to step in.
9) Independence – Indees are very athletic and run the floor well for veteran head coach John Zilla.
10) Southwestern – Pair of returning 1st team all-conference performers has Southwestern poised for a big jump.