|Abbie Hein, Emily Hein, Johanna Meyer, Lauren Lisak, Abby Sydow, Rebecca Kazemba, Rachel Schaser, Johanna Ohlmann |
Christine Kazemba, Zoe Sippert, Hannah Tiefel
It was an historic season for the 2011-12 Immanuel Girls Varsity Basketball team! The journey through the season was absolutely amazing as the team started 0-2 in conference and then went on to go 10-1 to finish with a 10-3 conference record to secure the Small Dairyland Conference Championship! When the team needed to win key games, everyone stepped up and took on the challenge.
Here are some of the team's achievements:
- Small Dairyland Conference Champs!!!
- WIAA Regional Runner-up
- Best-ever record in Immanuel history (19-6) (last record was 14-7 in 2005-06)
- #13 in WSN Coaches Poll
- Received Votes in AP Poll
- Leader-Telegram's Team of the Week
- Leader-Telegram's article re: Immanuel
- Leader-Telegram's report of WIAA regional semi-final game
- Best-ever attended girls basketball game in Immanuel history, beat Hillsboro to get to WIAA Regional Championship game
- Only Immanuel season with two WIAA regional wins
- Best-ever free throw shooting as a team with 62.0% (last record was 56.4% in 1988-89)
- Best-ever scoring average as a team with 52.9 points per game (last record was 48.7 ppg in 1996-97)
- Best-ever season scoring total as a team with 1322 points (last record was 1022 in 1989-90)
- Best-ever point differential as a team with 13.1 points per game (last record was 6.0 ppg in 2005-06)
- Most-ever three pointers as a team with 98 (last record was 58 in 2010-11)
- Very likely a team rebounding record with 908 total rebounds
- Scored 2nd most team points in a game with 74 v. New Auburn on 11/29/2011 and v. Melrose-Mindoro on 1/26/2012 (record is 80 points)
- Most-ever three pointers in a game with 11 v. New Auburn on 11/29/2011, more than most entire seasons at Immanuel
- Several individual records broken as well
The coaches write to the team:
The 2011-12 Immanuel Lutheran High School Girls' basketball team truly performed in a manner that demonstrated the power of synergistic play. The collective performance of playing together as a team was much greater than the sum of the individual capabilities of the players. As coaches we enjoyed the journey as we worked with you in facilitating your development and watching you continuously grow and improve throughout this season.
The statistics document that you were part of the best girls' basketball team to play at Immanuel. The quality of competitive game performance resulted in ever expanding fan interest and increased news media coverage. The packed barn supporting the Lady Lancers (including CLC grade school tournament players and parents) for the Regional win against Hillsboro with over fifty internet viewing sites was a very memorable night.
We suspected that this would be a different season when we returned from the Christmas break and won five games in a row including beating Lake Holcombe who was rated in the top ten in the state, and Blair-Taylor, who won the Large Dairyland Conference Championship. We received a rather significant "wake-up" call in our loss at Alma Center Lincoln. From there on the team played with a renewed vigor and resolve with a must-win mindset that led to eight victories in a row, including wins over Eleva-Strum, Independence, and Alma/Pepin (excitement abounds). The conference championship was claimed with a home victory over Cochrane-Fountain City, who we also beat in the first round of the regional play-offs.
It is gratifying to see how well you represented your faith, your school, your team and yourselves. Immanuel was with us. All glory, honor and praise to our Immanuel.
Coaches Dr. Jim Sydow and Prof. Ross Roehl
Click to expand yearbook to separate screen:
Photographer's Selection of Season Highlight Pictures:
Player Stats and Pictures:
Below is a roster of the 2011-12 Immanuel Lutheran varsity basketball team. Included are links to MaxPreps for stats and to the team photo album for pictures. Each player was tagged appropriately in each photo that is on the team photo album. Therefore you can click on "Pics" beside each player in the roster and find photos of that specific player from the season. These pictures are located on Picasa which gives you the ability to download and/or order prints among other features like doing a slide-show on your computer screen.
(Team Pics) (Team Stats - MaxPreps) (Team Stats - WSN) (Team Stats - HS Sports)
Player Stat Summary:
Click to expand yearbook to separate screen: